This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on the Bishop of Oxford’s activity (no more than once per day)
the Bishop of Oxford
We’re missing a photo of the Bishop of Oxford. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 25 November 2010
- Send a message to the Bishop of Oxford (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How the Bishop of Oxford voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party.
- Death of a Member: Baroness Thatcher — Tributes (10 Apr 2013)
“My Lords, I rise to pay tribute to Baroness Thatcher, sharing with noble Lords a string of strong memories of a remarkable woman, the first woman to occupy the office of Prime Minister. As others have said, the change that she made to the face of Britain was complete. It opened up new avenues of possibility in all directions: share ownership, home ownership, liberalisation of the markets,...”
- Queen's Speech — Debate (4th Day) (15 May 2012)
“My Lords, there are two aspects of the gracious Speech that I would like to comment on with regard to education. One is the proposal to improve provision for children with special educational needs. I am very pleased to have heard the announcement today on that subject. There is great need for reform in that area. As the Green Paper so eloquently demonstrated, it is a cumbersome system and...”
- Marriages and Civil Partnerships (Approved Premises) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 — Motion to Annul (15 Dec 2011)
“My Lords, I, too, am most grateful to the noble and learned Lord, Lord Falconer, for an extraordinarily erudite narrative. I am also grateful to the noble Baroness for initiating the debate because it gives us the opportunity to look at this very important and sensitive issue of the regulations. I have been much exercised, as I am sure many of you have, by the conflicting opinions I have...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 0.65% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 5 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on the Bishop of Oxford’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 6 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)