This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on the Bishop of Manchester’s activity (no more than once per day)
the Bishop of Manchester
- Also represented Wakefield
We’re missing a photo of the Bishop of Manchester. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1997
- Send a message to the Bishop of Manchester (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How the Bishop of Manchester voted on key issues since 2001:
- Has never voted on laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Has never voted on introducing ID cards. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Quite often rebels against their party.
- Arbitration and Mediation Services (Equality) Bill [HL]: Second Reading (19 Oct 2012)
“My Lords, I echo the warm words of congratulation and appreciation for the characteristically heartfelt and informed speech of the noble Baroness, Lady Cox. In February 2008, many column acres in the national media were given over to my friend and colleague, the most reverend Primate the Archbishop of Canterbury, and to his supposed views on Sharia law. I say "supposed" because a large amount...”
- Inheritance (Cohabitants) Bill [HL]: Second Reading (19 Oct 2012)
“My Lords, the Bill introduced by the noble Lord, Lord Lester of Herne Hill, provides a valuable opportunity to consider issues that are of considerable and increasing importance for a large number of people in our society. Reference has already been made to the Law Commission's 2007 report in which proposals were made for addressing the financial hardship suffered by cohabitants or their...”
- Education: Development of Excellence — Motion to Take Note (18 Oct 2012)
“My Lords, I thank the noble Baroness for this debate. The recent Church School of the Future review highlights the Church of England's aspiration for the 1 million pupils in our schools to experience excellent education. The Manchester diocese educates more children in these schools than any other diocese. We entirely support the noble Baroness's emphasis on not narrowing our understanding or...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 4.39% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 28 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on the Bishop of Manchester’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 62 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)