This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on the Bishop of Lichfield’s activity (no more than once per day)
the Bishop of Lichfield
We’re missing a photo of the Bishop of Lichfield. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 3 November 2009
- Send a message to the Bishop of Lichfield (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How the Bishop of Lichfield voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party.
- Queen’s Speech — Debate (2nd Day) (9 May 2013)
“My Lords, the gracious Speech bears out the Government’s intention to work towards an orderly society in which a fair and transparent system of justice supports the aspirations of all law-abiding citizens as they cope with challenging times. I am grateful to the Minister for his clarifications and extra enlightenment. There is much in this programme to welcome, but one must emphasise...”
- Crime and Courts Bill [HL]: Third Reading (18 Dec 2012)
“My Lords, I too am glad to support the noble Baroness, Lady Meacher, and her amendment which seeks to establish a statutory ombudsman for complaints about bailiffs. I am glad to do so also because Wednesbury, of the famous Wednesbury rules, comes from the ancient Black Country town in my diocese where the recession and austerity have acquainted many citizens with bailiffs for the first time....”
- Magna Carta: 800th Anniversary — Question (17 Dec 2012)
“My Lords, as Archbishop Stephen Langton largely wrote the Magna Carta, and as the freedom of the church to serve the nation is such a prominent theme in the great charter, will the Government approach the right reverend Prelates Archbishops of Canterbury and York to see how church and state might work happily together on this important anniversary?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 3 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 2.91% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 5 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on the Bishop of Lichfield’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 6 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)