This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on the Bishop of Derby’s activity (no more than once per day)
the Bishop of Derby
We’re missing a photo of the Bishop of Derby. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 15 June 2010
- Send a message to the Bishop of Derby (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How the Bishop of Derby voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party.
- Crime: Women's Safety — Question for Short Debate (12 Feb 2013)
“My Lords I, too, thank the noble Lord, Lord Desai, for introducing this very important topic in your Lordships' House. I speak as somebody who supports an organisation in Derby, where I am the bishop, called Safe and Sound Derby. It works particularly with women who are the victims of sexual exploitation, violence and abuse. In this debate, I feel that I really need to speak as a Bishop. It...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Africa (1 Feb 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government what assistance they are providing to farmers and governments in sub-Saharan Africa to improve produce-handling in the harvest and immediate post-harvest stages of food production.”
- Health: Neglected Tropical Diseases — Question for Short Debate (30 Jan 2013)
“My Lords, I, too, thank the noble Baroness, Lady Hayman, for securing this debate on a very important topic and, as we have heard, a very neglected one. There are great signs of engagement and creativity, as noble Lords have said, but the statistics and effects are absolutely horrifying. I want to develop the point that has just been made about an integrated and sustainable approach. For...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 9 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 17 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 2.17% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 7 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on the Bishop of Derby’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 12 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)