This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
the Bishop of Chichester
- Became a Lord on 13 March 2008
- Left Parliament on 30 April 2012 — retired
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How the Bishop of Chichester voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party.
Most recent appearances
- Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Bill: Commons Reasons and Amendment (25 Apr 2012)
“My Lords, I strongly support the noble and learned Baroness in everything that she has just said. She has very starkly set out the figures and the likely impact of not sending this back to the Commons. She has quite rightly said that people could die as a result. It is hard to engage in this discussion without having a rerun of the long debate that we have just had about the non-pursued...”
- Spencer Perceval — Question (25 Apr 2012)
“My Lords, does the Minister agree that the continuation of slavery and quasi-slavery in very many parts of the world 200 years after the so-called abolition of slavery continues to be a scandal, and could he outline what Her Majesty's Government intend to do in order to continually influence our partners in the international community to bring this to a speedy end?”
- Economy: Budget Statement — Motion to Take Note (22 Mar 2012)
“My Lords, the Chancellor has noble aims-a stable economy, a fairer, more efficient and simpler tax system and the encouragement of growth. From these Benches, I am pleased to endorse all three of those objectives. The debate is therefore not so much about the Government's declared intentions as whether the Chancellor's proposals are best calculated to achieve them. A stable economy and...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 16 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 5.98% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 5 people are tracking this peer.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 19 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)