This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness Uddin’s activity (no more than once per day)
- Became a Lord in 1998
- Send a message to Baroness Uddin (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness Uddin voted on key issues since 2001:
- Has never voted on the hunting ban. votes
- Voted against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Sometimes rebels against their party.
- Schools: Bullying — Question (16 May 2013)
“My Lords, does the Minister accept that underlying many of the statistics is the fact that bullying is also about racism and Islamophobia? If so, what are the Government doing about it? I take this opportunity to commend the work of the Osmani youth centre, which is based in Whitechapel.”
- Bangladesh: Riots — Question (14 Mar 2013)
“I express my deep condolences via the House, if I may, for those who have lost their lives in this conflict. As a child growing up and witnessing the liberation war, I understand deeply the wishes of Bangladeshi people to call for justice for those who have committed atrocities. Will the Minister recognise the current serious difficulties faced by the Bangladeshi Government and people, and...”
- Crime: Detection Rates — Question (14 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, given what the Minister said about a reduction in crime, is he suggesting that there has also been a serious drop in the number of crimes reported for forced marriage, honour-related violence, FGM and rape?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 29 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 30 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 30.30% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 23 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Uddin’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 55 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)