This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness Trumpington’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Baroness Trumpington. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1980
- Send a message to Baroness Trumpington (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness Trumpington voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted strongly against more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Environment: Plastic Bags — Question (14 May 2013)
“My Lords, may I put in a good word for single-use plastic bags? How else am I going to get the loose grapes I have bought home without ruining my clothes and a few other things? Equally, how would I get rid of all the weeds that I pick up as I go around my garden with a little plastic bag that I can then transfer to a big bag? Will the Minister support me in my hour of need?”
- Female Genital Mutilation — Question (22 Apr 2013)
“My Lords, this was the first work that I had to do when I held the office that the Minister holds today. When I tried to talk about this subject to the people involved, they said, "If you try to stop us, we'll do it on the kitchen table". Am I right in thinking that this kind of thought still exists among the people who wish to continue this horrible practice?”
- Death of a Member: Baroness Thatcher — Tributes (10 Apr 2013)
“My Lords, I think we owe a debt of gratitude to the staff who have turned up in the middle of their holidays. The food was warm and this place is as warm as it ever gets. Everything ran smoothly, as though it were a perfectly ordinary weekday event in the middle of the Session. We owe the staff a big debt of gratitude. I had to speak today because I owe Margaret Thatcher everything. In 1980...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 38.48% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 18 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Trumpington’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 78 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)