This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness Thomas of Winchester’s activity (no more than once per day)
Baroness Thomas of Winchester
Liberal Democrat Peer
We’re missing a photo of Baroness Thomas of Winchester. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 15 June 2006
- Positions held at time of appointment: former Head of Office, Office of the Liberal Democrat Whips, House of Lords. (from Number 10 press release)
- Send a message to Baroness Thomas of Winchester (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness Thomas of Winchester voted on key issues:
- Voted against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Agriculture: Pesticides (25 Apr 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they will set out details of the research they are carrying out or have commissioned into the effects of neonicotinoid insecticides on insect pollinators.”
- Procedure of the House — Motion to Take Note (24 Apr 2013)
“In general, I am in favour of progress, modernisation and change, but I am not in favour of a Back-Bench debates committee at this point because it is unnecessary in view of the Leader's proposal. In the light of that proposal, a Back-Bench debates committee would be a huge sledgehammer to crack a tiny nut. It could easily turn into a bureaucratic and expensive procedure, if full...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Health: Chlamydia (24 Apr 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government what was the cost of the National Chlamydia Screening Programme in the last year for which figures are available; and what is their assessment of the value of such screening as compared to screening only those young people recently treated for chlamydia.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 21 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 73.51% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 22 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Thomas of Winchester’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 112 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)