This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness Symons of Vernham Dean’s activity (no more than once per day)
Baroness Symons of Vernham Dean
We’re missing a photo of Baroness Symons of Vernham Dean. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1996
- Send a message to Baroness Symons of Vernham Dean (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness Symons of Vernham Dean voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted very strongly for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Iraq: Chilcot Inquiry — Question (22 Apr 2013)
“My Lords, can the Leader of the House tell the House what is the period within which the people mentioned in the report have to respond to the report?”
- Taxation: Avoidance — Question (14 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, the noble Lord mentioned tax avoidance in the context of the G8, which this country is hosting later this year. Are there any plans to involve HMRC in discussions on the Deauville process with regard to the Arab countries in transition that want or need to look again at their tax systems?”
- Media: Press Regulation — Question (14 Feb 2013)
“My Lords, when the Minister was at the Dispatch Box, he stressed the importance of victims-and he did so again in the Statement that we had from the Commons yesterday. Could he tell us whether the victims-the Dowlers, the McCanns-believe that the charter is going to serve their needs, and whether they support that, instead of the underpinning recommended by Lord Justice Leveson?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 27 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 69.70% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 8 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Symons of Vernham Dean’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1090 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)