This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness Stern’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Baroness Stern. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1999
- Send a message to Baroness Stern (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness Stern voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Armed Forces: Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (18 Jun 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether any non-military personnel are involved in the maintenance or operation of unmanned aerial vehicles flown from Jalalabad, Afghanistan. To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether United Kingdom personnel are involved in the maintenance or operation of unmanned aerial vehicles flown from Jalalabad, Afghanistan.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Drones (18 Jun 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government what plans they have to provide armed surveillance drones to the Syrian opposition.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Drones (17 Jun 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government what assurances they have received that United States bases in the United Kingdom will not be used to operate United States drone strikes in non-declared war zones.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 31 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 26.34% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 18 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Stern’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 164 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)