This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness Sharples’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Baroness Sharples. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1973
- Send a message to Baroness Sharples (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness Sharples voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted very strongly against more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Health: Tuberculosis — Question (24 Apr 2013)
“My Lords, I had TB in my teens. I know that it often takes years to develop, but why are people not tested in their own countries before they come here?”
- House of Lords: Oral Questions — Question (21 Mar 2013)
“Does my noble friend agree that a single supplementary question is much better than a double-barrelled question, because the Minister does not have time to think?”
- Sport: Women and Girls — Question (7 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, does the Minister accept that the earlier you start to play sport, the more chance you have of playing golf, as I do, at the age of 90?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 14 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 48.14% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 5 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Sharples’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 31 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)