This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness Royall of Blaisdon’s activity (no more than once per day)
Baroness Royall of Blaisdon
We’re missing a photo of Baroness Royall of Blaisdon. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 11 October 2004
- Positions held at time of appointment: Head of the European Commission Office in Wales. (from Number 10 press release)
- Send a message to Baroness Royall of Blaisdon (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness Royall of Blaisdon voted on key issues:
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted very strongly for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted very strongly against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly for more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill — Committee (1st Day) (Continued) (17 Jun 2013)
“My Lords, I appreciate that this is a probing amendment, but it has thrown up some interesting questions from the noble Lord, Lord Martin of Springburn. I believe that the proposal in the amendment would be an unnecessary additional hurdle for religious organisations. The legal protections in the Bill relating to the opt-in process, combined with the protections under the Equality Act 2010,...”
- Iran: Election — Statement (17 Jun 2013)
“My Lords, I am grateful to the Minister for repeating the Answer given in another place. The results of the Iranian presidential election are encouraging and we welcome any effort by the new president to promote greater engagement with the West. It is right that together we embrace this window of opportunity for progress, including, of course, on the nuclear issue. However, does the Minister...”
- Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill: Committee (1st Day) (17 Jun 2013)
“My Lords, the amendment is an unnecessary and potentially confusing addition, because it would, as the noble Lord said, add Roman Catholic priests to the list of persons exempt from the common-law duty to marry parishioners under Clause 1(5). As he also said, the common-law duty extends only to members of the Church of England and to Wales clergy, not the Roman Catholic Church. It is not a...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 76 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 92.55% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 15 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 19 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Royall of Blaisdon’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 914 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)