This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness Rendell of Babergh’s activity (no more than once per day)
Baroness Rendell of Babergh
We’re missing a photo of Baroness Rendell of Babergh. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1997
- Send a message to Baroness Rendell of Babergh (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness Rendell of Babergh voted on key issues since 2001:
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted very strongly for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately for the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Female Genital Mutilation — Question (22 Apr 2013)
“My Lords, some months ago the Director of Public Prosecutions undertook to appoint a committee to produce a report on female genital mutilation, in all its aspects, in the United Kingdom and to publish it in the summer. May we know when that report is likely to appear because, as has been mentioned, there has never been a prosecution and the practice continues as it has been done for about 25...”
- Violence Against Women — Question for Short Debate (29 Nov 2012)
“My Lords, I thank the noble Baroness, Lady Jenkin, for introducing this debate on a subject that, sadly, is always with us. It comes at an apposite time for a new development that is taking place in the campaign against a particularly horrible type of violence against women. I speak, of course, about female genital mutilation. Almost a decade has gone by since the passing of the Female...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Sudan (21 Nov 2012)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government what representations they have made recently to the Government of Sudan, rebel groups, and international bodies to promote greater access for humanitarian organisations to Darfur; and what is the result of those representations.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 3 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 2 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 74.96% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 9 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Rendell of Babergh’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 53 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)