This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness O'Neill of Bengarve’s activity (no more than once per day)
Baroness O'Neill of Bengarve
We’re missing a photo of Baroness O'Neill of Bengarve. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1999
- Send a message to Baroness O'Neill of Bengarve (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness O'Neill of Bengarve voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted for equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted for more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against introducing ID cards. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill: Report (5th Day) (18 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, before the Minister replies, like many other noble Lords I have been trying to clarify where we are. I think that it is the case that the detour through the royal charter, which is where the two-thirds majority is mentioned, means that an ordinary vote in both Houses of Parliament would not be sufficient. This royal charter is an instrument of the Privy Council. We are not voting to...”
- Education: Languages — Question (12 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, these initiatives are very welcome, but we have now had nearly 15 years of reports congruent with that of the British Academy and we need a remedy that is not piecemeal and not based on initiatives or on the thought that Saturday morning clubs can do a lot. This is really harming our economy at all levels. Does the Minister have a strategic reply to offer?”
- Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill: Report (4th Day) (11 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, the noble Lord, Lord Howarth, has put his finger on the real difficulty for designers. It is not that the period of copyright protection is too short; rather, it is too ineffective. What is needed for our designers is some method of ensuring that their designs are not ripped off extremely rapidly so that they have no effective period of protection. I have heard it said that new...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 12 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 18.81% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 7 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness O'Neill of Bengarve’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 87 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)