This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness Nye’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Baroness Nye. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 20 July 2010
- Send a message to Baroness Nye (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness Nye voted on key issues:
- Voted for more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party.
- Burma — Question for Short Debate (5 Jun 2013)
“My Lords, I declare an interest as a board member of the Burma Campaign UK and I thank the noble Lord, Lord Alton, for arranging this timely debate and for his tour de force on the situation in Burma now. As the recent McKinsey Global Institute report says, Burma is an unusual country in that it, “remains an underdeveloped agrarian economy in the heart of the world’s fastest...”
- Burma — Question (5 Jun 2013)
“After President Obama’s visit to Burma last year, the Burmese Government agreed to allow the United Nations High Commission for Human Rights to open an office. What representations have the British Government made on this matter to try to speed things along?”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Burma (10 Apr 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government what assessment they have made of the progress on meeting the benchmarks of (1) the ending of conflict in Burma, (2) improved humanitarian assistance, in particular in Kachin and along the eastern border, and (3) addressing the status and wellbeing of the Rohingyas, as set by the European Union Council conclusions on 26 April 2012; and whether they will vote in...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 9 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 11 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 66.77% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 0 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Nye’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 12 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)