This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness Northover’s activity (no more than once per day)
Liberal Democrat Peer
- Whip, House of Lords (since 14 May 2010) (note about dates)
- Became a Lord on 10 May 2000
- Positions held at time of appointment: Chair, Women's Liberal Democrats (from Number 10 press release)
- Send a message to Baroness Northover (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness Northover voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted very strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted very strongly for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted strongly against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Upcoming Business – Lords: Main Chamber (4 Jun 2013)
“Global fund on HIV and AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria – Lord Fowler.”
- Queen’s Speech — Debate (5th Day) (15 May 2013)
“My Lords, my noble friend Lady Warsi, who had been due to open today’s debate, has been unexpectedly called away from Parliament on an urgent family matter. I am honoured therefore, as government spokesperson for the Department for International Development, to be taking her place. This debate will, I know, range very widely, and there is enormous expertise in this House. I look forward...”
- Developing Countries: Budgetary Support — Question (15 May 2013)
“My Lords, DfID will continue to provide budget support when it represents the best way of delivering results and value for money compared to other forms of development assistance, and when a Government are committed to the UK’s partnership principles of poverty reduction, human rights, fighting corruption and strengthening accountability to citizens.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 61 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Has voted in 66.39% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 18 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Northover’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 441 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)