This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness Nicol’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Baroness Nicol. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1983
- Send a message to Baroness Nicol (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness Nicol voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately for introducing ID cards. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Voted strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately for the hunting ban. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- National Parks (5 Jul 2004)
“My Lords, I hardly dare admit it, but I, too, am a vice-president of the Council for National Parks. Can my noble friend offer any assurance that during the forthcoming Comprehensive Spending Review, the many benefits that the national parks offer will be recognised and will be adequately resourced?”
- Iraq: Treatment of Prisoners (12 May 2004)
“My Lords, does the ICRC have a policy on the publication of its reports to governments, and if so, what is that policy?”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986: Project Licence Applications (21 Jan 2004)
“asked Her Majesty's Government: What plans they have to change the way they handle project licence applications under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 29.22% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 0 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Nicol’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 8 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)