This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness Morgan of Huyton’s activity (no more than once per day)
Baroness Morgan of Huyton
We’re missing a photo of Baroness Morgan of Huyton. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 21 June 2001
- Send a message to Baroness Morgan of Huyton (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness Morgan of Huyton voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Queen's Speech — Debate (4th Day) (15 May 2012)
“My Lords, I want to speak briefly about a couple of aspects of the gracious Speech. In relation to the first, I should declare an interest as chair of Ofsted. The Government's intention to improve the rates of adoption will be widely welcomed. It is both common sense and humane to want to place as many children as possible in warm and stable families, so that they can grow up with security...”
- Education Bill: Report (3rd Day) (26 Oct 2011)
“My Lords, I declare an interest as the chair of Ofsted and in that context shall talk briefly about how Ofsted is addressing the concerns that have been raised about the proposals to reform school inspection arrangements for maintained schools and academies. In doing so, I shall reflect on the attitudes that we have to risk and the reassurance that inspection can offer. I have been pleased,...”
- Education Bill — Second Reading (Continued) (14 Jun 2011)
“My Lords, I declare an interest as the chair of Ofsted. In that context, I would like briefly to talk about the proposals in the Bill to reform the school inspection system and to explain a little of the new inspection framework that accompanies them. Of course, inspection will never be an uncontroversial process. Few schools actively welcome an inspection, though most understand the...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 38.37% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 9 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Morgan of Huyton’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 28 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)