This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness McDonagh’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Baroness McDonagh. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 13 July 2004
- Positions held at time of appointment: General Secretary of the Labour Party. (from Number 10 press release)
- Send a message to Baroness McDonagh (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness McDonagh voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted strongly for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted for the hunting ban. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Leveson Inquiry — Motion to Take Note (11 Jan 2013)
“When I saw my name listed as 50th on the List, I promise the House that I was ready to strike it out at any moment, but I feel that one area that has not been fully explored and that is the benefits to the press of the Leveson proposals, were they to be underpinned or recognised in statute. I am a lifetime lover of newspapers. I have also never complained about the editorial content of a...”
- Credit Unions — Motion to Take Note (13 Dec 2012)
“My Lords, I thank my noble friend Lord Kennedy for bringing about this debate. I also thank him for all the support and advocacy that he gives to the credit union movement. I declare an interest as a member of the Merton & Sutton Credit Union. This debate is so timely. In the last year alone we have seen the average family's indebtedness increase by 50% in unsecured loans-credit cards,...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Electoral Registration (29 Nov 2011)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government what is their latest estimate of the cost of implementing their proposals for individual electoral registration.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 60.38% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 2 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness McDonagh’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 28 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)