This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness Massey of Darwen’s activity (no more than once per day)
Baroness Massey of Darwen
We’re missing a photo of Baroness Massey of Darwen. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1999
- Send a message to Baroness Massey of Darwen (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness Massey of Darwen voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted very strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately for the hunting ban. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted very strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Upcoming Business – Lords: Main Chamber (11 Jun 2013)
“Report by Ofsted Not yet good enough: personal, social, health and economic education in schools – Baroness Massey of Darwen.”
- Queen’s Speech — Debate (4th Day) (14 May 2013)
“My Lords, I hope that the words of the noble Lord, Lord McColl, will not be forgotten; I greatly support him. I shall speak today about children and young people and education. I will suggest that a strategy for youth is long overdue. Such a strategy would involve uniting elements of young people’s health, education, employment and other services. I am pleased that the noble Earl, Lord...”
- Child Poverty — Question (14 May 2013)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 24 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 4 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 74.21% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 8 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 15 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Massey of Darwen’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 226 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)