This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness Mallalieu’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Baroness Mallalieu. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1991
- Send a message to Baroness Mallalieu (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness Mallalieu voted on key issues since 2001:
- Has never voted on greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on introducing ID cards. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Quite often rebels against their party.
- Civil Legal Aid (Merits Criteria) Regulations 2012: Motion to Approve (3 Dec 2012)
“If the position is, as we have heard during this debate, that the noble and learned Lord, Lord Mackay, a former Lord Chancellor, and my noble friend Lord Bach, a Queen's Counsel, cannot agree on the interpretation of the wording of Article 3 of this order, is it not clear that people who have no legal qualification and are going to have to look at it to see whether they can obtain legal aid...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Horses (13 Jul 2012)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government what steps they will take to ensure that individuals who carry out equine dentistry are properly trained and qualified.”
- Horses: Transportation — Motion to Take Note (5 Jul 2012)
“My Lords, I first declare a personal interest as the president of the Horse Trust and the chairman of the All-Party Group for the Horse. I am also a member of the Humane Slaughter Association. Secondly, and most importantly, I thank and congratulate the noble Lord, Lord Higgins, on securing this debate which is particularly timely in relation to the Commission, for reasons I will come to. At...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 2 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 28.93% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 3 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Mallalieu’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 116 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)