This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness Ludford’s activity (no more than once per day)
Liberal Democrat Peer
- Became a Lord in 1997
- Send a message to Baroness Ludford (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness Ludford voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted very strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- EU: UK Citizens' Attitudes — Question (11 May 2009)
“My Lords, does the Minister agree that if we ask people, "What can Europe do to improve your lives in tackling cross-border crime, upholding civil liberties, dealing with climate change in the world and delivering economic security?", we get much more positive answers than if we concentrate on the institutional framework? As an MEP I am very conscious of 4 June, when people can chuck me out...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Schengen Information System (2 Apr 2009)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government why they did not arrange to access the police data in Schengen Information System (SIS) soon after 2000; and what the impact is on United Kingdom security in general, and the 2012 Olympics in particular, in the light of doubts about whether SIS II will be functioning by then.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Children: Fingerprinting (19 Mar 2009)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government in respect of the decision by the UK Border Agency to fingerprint children from the age of six, what studies and trials they have conducted on the feasibility and effectiveness of fingerprinting children; whether these studies have been conducted over time to monitor the effect of changes in fingerprints as children grow; and whether issues have been identified...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 8.52% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 4 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Ludford’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 37 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)