This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness King of Bow’s activity (no more than once per day)
Baroness King of Bow
- Also represented Bethnal Green and Bow
- Entered the House of Lords on 31 January 2011
- Previously MP for Bethnal Green and Bow until 11 April 2005 — General election (stood again)
- Entered Parliament on 1 May 1997 — General election
- Send a message to Baroness King of Bow (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness King of Bow voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted very strongly for the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords. votes
- Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of Lords. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a smoking ban. votes
- Voted moderately for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly for the Iraq war. votes
- Voted very strongly against an investigation into the Iraq war. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Voted for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for introducing foundation hospitals. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party.
- Schools: Sport — Question (20 May 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government what plans they have to increase sports activities in schools.”
- Schools: Sport — Question (20 May 2013)
“Is the Minister aware that the Prime Minister has lamented the fact that elite sport is dominated by those with a private education? This happens because private schools have hockey masters, rugby masters, cricket masters, and so on, who can spot and develop talent. Is he further aware that state schools can do that only if they create the infrastructure by pooling resources essentially to do...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 10 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 28 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2005, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 56.23% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 11 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness King of Bow’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 10 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Figures in brackets are ranks.Data from parliament.uk (source).
|Type||2008/09||2007/08||2006/07||2005/06||2004/05 (ranking out of 659)||2003/04 (ranking out of 658)||2002/03 (ranking out of 657)||2001/02 (ranking out of 657)|
|Staying away from main home||£0||£0||£0||£0||£0|
|London costs||£253||£1,618 (joint 1st with 118 others)||£1,574 (joint 1st with 101 others)||£1,527 (joint 1st with 101 others)||£1,227 (joint 1st with 81 others)|
|Office running costs||£2,800||£18,763 (278th)||£18,309 (430th)||£18,232 (joint 193rd with 2 others)||£31,781 (25th)|
|Staffing costs||£23,220||£78,076 (59th)||£74,985 (joint 8th with 27 others)||£72,310 (joint 1st with 23 others)||£33,641 (605th)|
|Members' Travel||£50||£2,423 (joint 604th with 2 others)||£3,358 (578th)||£1,523 (627th)||£1,786 (604th)|
|Members' Staff Travel||£0||£0||£0||£0||£0|
|Members' Spouse Travel||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Family Travel||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Purchased Stationery||£62||£13,841 (1st)||£1,733 (96th)||£2,279 (50th)||£1,589 (143rd)|
|Stationery: Associated Postage Costs||N/A||N/A||£0||£37,147 (3rd)||£4,340 (146th)||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Provided Computer Equipment||£0||£2,109 (joint 5th with 1 other)||£2,109 (joint 1st with 1 other)||£2,109 (joint 1st with 1 other)||£2,109 (joint 1st with 1 other)|
|Other Costs||£33,363||£0||£0||£8,029 (16th)||£0|
|Total||£59,748||£153,977 (13th)||£106,408 (552nd)||£106,009 (474th)||£72,133 (574th)|