This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness Howe of Idlicote’s activity (no more than once per day)
Baroness Howe of Idlicote
We’re missing a photo of Baroness Howe of Idlicote. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 11 July 2001
- Send a message to Baroness Howe of Idlicote (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness Howe of Idlicote voted on key issues:
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted strongly against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Offender Rehabilitation Bill [HL] — Second Reading (20 May 2013)
“My Lords, we should all be grateful for two aspects of the Bill before us: first, that it has come directly to your Lordships' House, with the experience and strong expertise of the noble Lord, Lord McNally, in charge of it-albeit with many material government facts and figures by which to judge it still remaining to be disclosed-and, secondly, that in the Secretary of State for Justice's...”
- Schools: Bullying — Question (16 May 2013)
“My Lords, bullying is rampant throughout our society—even, it would appear, in areas such as the BBC, as we have heard via the media. Given that prevention is better than cure, as everybody has stressed, what practical steps are being taken to ensure not only that playground or classroom bullying is classified as absolutely unacceptable but that every school is required to eliminate it?...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 8 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 59.63% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 11 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Howe of Idlicote’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 540 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)