This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness Hooper’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Baroness Hooper. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1985
- Send a message to Baroness Hooper (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness Hooper voted on key issues since 2001:
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted against more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Tourism: Visa Restrictions — Question (25 Apr 2013)
“My Lords, is my noble friend the Minister aware that not only Brazil, with its great potential, has difficulties over visas? Only yesterday, eight distinguished parliamentarians from Peru visited our Parliament. Not only did they have to send their valued diplomatic passports to Brazil for the issue of the visas, but they had to pay up to $800 each in order to obtain them. Is it not time that...”
- Education: Languages — Question (12 Mar 2013)
- Commonwealth and Commonwealth Charter — Motion to Take Note (7 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, this has been an excellent debate. As always, however much one thinks that they know about a subject, there is more that one can learn. It has also been a most appropriate occasion for us to hear from the noble and right reverend Lord, Lord Williams of Oystermouth, in his new capacity in your Lordships' House. Last year I was not able to participate in the Commonwealth Day debate...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 12 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 44.25% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 11 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Hooper’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 82 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)