This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness Hilton of Eggardon’s activity (no more than once per day)
Baroness Hilton of Eggardon
We’re missing a photo of Baroness Hilton of Eggardon. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1991
- Send a message to Baroness Hilton of Eggardon (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness Hilton of Eggardon voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly for introducing ID cards. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Police Reform and Social Responsibility Bill — Third Reading (20 Jul 2011)
“I, too, speak in support of Amendment 3. In earlier stages of the Bill I spoke about the dangers of police and politicians becoming too close. These dangers are exemplified by the current crisis in the relationships among the police, press and politicians. At one time in my police service, when David McNee was commissioner, we were quite explicitly forbidden from speaking to the media. This...”
- Biological Diversity — Question for Short Debate (20 Jun 2011)
“My Lords, I have to declare an interest as a trustee of the Pond Conservation Trust. Freshwater is one of the most extensively exploited and vulnerable parts of the environment. That vulnerability has been further exposed by the drought that we have experienced this spring. Moreover, the harsh spell of weather that we had before Christmas, with record low temperatures, led to many frozen...”
- Police Reform and Social Responsibility Bill: Committee (1st Day) (11 May 2011)
“My Lords, I too speak in support of the amendment of the noble Baroness, Lady Harris, and the important principle that the police service should remain politically neutral. The current system provides for a spread of political allegiances and representation of many sections of a force area. I cannot see that a single person can fulfil this role or that having the power to set the budget and...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 68.38% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 1 person is tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Hilton of Eggardon’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 9 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)