This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness Gibson of Market Rasen’s activity (no more than once per day)
Baroness Gibson of Market Rasen
We’re missing a photo of Baroness Gibson of Market Rasen. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 15 May 2000
- Positions held at time of appointment: Former National Secretary, Manufacturing Science and Finance Union (from Number 10 press release)
- Send a message to Baroness Gibson of Market Rasen (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness Gibson of Market Rasen voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately for the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Growth and Infrastructure Bill — Commons Amendments (24 Apr 2013)
“I should inform the House that if Amendment A1 is agreed to, I shall not be able to call Amendment A2 by reason of pre-emption. Motion A1 Moved by Lord Pannick As an amendment to Motion A, leave out from "House" to end and insert "do insist on their Amendment 25 to which the Commons have disagreed and do disagree with the Commons in their Amendments 25C to 25G in lieu thereof".”
- Air Passenger Duty — Question for Short Debate (28 Jan 2013)
“I thank the noble Lord, Lord Palmer, for instigating this important and timely debate. I declare my interests: I am a member of both the Air League Council and the Air Cadet Council, both of which obviously have an interest in this issue. Air passenger duty affects every passenger travelling by air from a UK airport. It is a tax that we cannot avoid; it is imposed on us. As we have heard, it...”
- Sunday Trading (London Olympic Games and Paralympic Games) Bill [HL]: Committee and Remaining Stages (26 Apr 2012)
“My Lords, I wish to speak very briefly in the debate because it is important and I want to make certain that the voice of shop workers is heard. I do not have the credentials of my noble friend Lord Davies of Coity to speak on behalf of USDAW, but I have been sent a brief by it and some of the points it raises are very important. I begin by declaring an interest. My stepdaughter works in the...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 73.80% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 7 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Gibson of Market Rasen’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 135 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)