This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness Deech’s activity (no more than once per day)
- Became a Lord on 25 October 2005
- Send a message to Baroness Deech (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness Deech voted on key issues:
- Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted against equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Upcoming Business – Lords: Main Chamber (3 Jun 2013)
“Impact of cuts in legal aid on access to justice – Baroness Deech.”
- Queen’s Speech — Debate (2nd Day) (9 May 2013)
“My Lords, we heard an interesting legislative programme from Her Majesty the Queen, with particular implications for our constitution and legal system. The noble Lord, Lord McNally, emphasised the Government’s focus on the criminal law, but all legislation of the past and the laws to come depend on enforceability and the rule of law. They in turn depend on fair access to the courts and...”
- Childcare Ratios — Statement (9 May 2013)
“My Lords, are the Government aware that the working mothers of this country do not have time to organise and lobby and that groups such as Mumsnet are not necessarily representative? There are women who go to work and who are ambitious and high up the scale; there are women low down the working scale who cannot afford childcare. The Government have to listen to working women who need...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 22 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 8 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 20.65% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 12 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 29 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Deech’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 87 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)