This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness Dean of Thornton-le-Fylde’s activity (no more than once per day)
Baroness Dean of Thornton-le-Fylde
We’re missing a photo of Baroness Dean of Thornton-le-Fylde. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1993
- Send a message to Baroness Dean of Thornton-le-Fylde (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness Dean of Thornton-le-Fylde voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for introducing ID cards. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Queen’s Speech — Debate (5th Day) (15 May 2013)
“My Lords, the gracious Speech referred to the Government bringing forward measures, “to improve the way this country procures defence equipment”. The noble Lord, Lord Lee of Trafford, has covered to some degree the number of questions that that raises. It is shorthand for government-owned contractor-operated, although for some time the MoD, rightly, was considering various models....”
- Death of a Member: Baroness Thatcher — Tributes (10 Apr 2013)
“My Lords, Mrs Thatcher, as she then was, was a truly remarkable woman. She was elected in 1975 as leader of the Conservative Party. We need to take into account the fact it was not just the fact that she was elected the first woman leader of the Conservative Party, and what she had to overcome, but her very humble background and beginnings. I can remember quite clearly the impact that had on...”
- Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992 (Amendment) Order 2013: Motion to Approve (12 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, I, too, support the amendment of my noble friend Lord Young of Norwood Green. I would like to ask the Minister how he justifies this change against the background of a repeated government assertion that we are all in this austerity period together. Even in a straightforward redundancy situation this carves out the salaried or hourly-paid workforce that generally runs the company-we...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 49.57% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 6 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Dean of Thornton-le-Fylde’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 96 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)