This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness D'Souza’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Baroness D'Souza. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 15 September 2004
- Positions held at time of appointment: Executive Director, International Centre Against Censorship. (from Number 10 press release)
- Send a message to Baroness D'Souza (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness D'Souza voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted strongly against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted very strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill — Committee (1st Day) (Continued) (17 Jun 2013)
“My Lords, if this amendment is agreed to I cannot call Amendment 11A by reason of pre-emption.”
- Deaths of Members — Announcement (3 Jun 2013)
“My Lords, I regret to inform the House of the deaths of the noble Lord, Lord Northfield, on 18 April, and of the noble Lord, Lord Gilbert, on 2 June. On behalf of the House I extend our condolences to the noble Lords’ families and friends.”
- Death of a Member: Lord Reay — Announcement (13 May 2013)
“My Lords, I regret to inform the House of the death of the noble Lord, Lord Reay, on 10 May. On behalf of the House, I extend our deepest condolences to the noble Lord's family and friends.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 19 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 0.00% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 9 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness D'Souza’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 102 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)