This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness Cox’s activity (no more than once per day)
- Changed party from Conservative on 28 May 2004
We’re missing a photo of Baroness Cox. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1983
- Send a message to Baroness Cox (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness Cox voted on key issues since 2001:
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted against more EU integration. votes
- Voted strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Upcoming Business – Lords: Main Chamber (10 Jun 2013)
“Situation of religious minorities in Egypt since the Arab Spring – Baroness Cox.”
- Queen’s Speech — Debate (5th Day) (15 May 2013)
“My Lords, I wish to offer first-hand accounts of causes of deep concern in three countries I have visited this year. The first concerns Burma where there are welcome reforms but many problems remain, including severe violations of human rights affecting ethnic and religious minorities such as the predominantly Muslim Rohingya, the Christian Kachin and the Buddhist Shan peoples. The Rohingya...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 10 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 18 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 14.27% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 61 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Cox’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 106 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)