This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness Cohen of Pimlico’s activity (no more than once per day)
Baroness Cohen of Pimlico
We’re missing a photo of Baroness Cohen of Pimlico. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 3 May 2000
- Positions held at time of appointment: Non-Executive Director and Consultant, Charterhouse Bank Ltd (from Number 10 press release)
- Send a message to Baroness Cohen of Pimlico (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness Cohen of Pimlico voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted very strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately against laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Financial Services Bill — Third Reading (5 Dec 2012)
“I, too, am supporting a government amendment, though one that is not nearly as dramatic as that secured by my noble friend Lord Mitchell, whom I congratulate very much not only on doing it but on the thoroughness of his research. He actually took out a loan with one of these companies, an act of true heroism that I hope will not result in his being deluged with peculiar financial products for...”
- Financial Services Bill — Report (4th Day) (Continued) (26 Nov 2012)
“My Lords, I draw attention to Amendments 92B and 92C in my name. I must declare my interest as a director of the London Stock Exchange and, for that matter, as vice president of the Borsa Italiana-and, as such, the owner of a clearing house in Italy. Subject to all the regulatory requirements, I have a 60% shareholding in LCH.Clearnet, a London-based clearing house. London Stock Exchange...”
- Financial Services Bill: Committee (7th Day) (15 Oct 2012)
“Might I ask the Minister for a little guidance? If we are discussing all these amendments together, I have a set of problems that I would like to discuss on Amendment 176D. Is this the moment or are we going to do all the amendments separately?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 6 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 42.92% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 4 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Cohen of Pimlico’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 26 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)