This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness Buscombe’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Baroness Buscombe. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1998
- Send a message to Baroness Buscombe (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness Buscombe voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately against more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Previous Business – Lords: Grand Committee (23 Apr 2013)
“Groups supporting those at risk of suicide – Baroness Buscombe.”
- Death of a Member: Baroness Thatcher — Tributes (10 Apr 2013)
“My Lords, this has been a most amazing debate but I felt absolutely compelled to say a few words as one who speaks of being, in a sense, of the next generation. I was not lucky enough, as many who have spoken today were, to have worked with her but I knew her a little. She had a profound effect on me and my generation, both men and women. For a few moments, perhaps I may share with noble...”
- Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill: Report (4th Day) (Continued) (11 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, I support this amendment, to which I have added my name. I support everything my noble friend Lord Clement-Jones has already said. This amendment would go some way to mitigate risks to the individual creators, without whom there is no creative economy. We have here more risks of unintended consequences of the government proposal for extended collective licensing. Already before the...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 45.28% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 4 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Buscombe’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 693 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)