This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness Benjamin’s activity (no more than once per day)
Liberal Democrat Peer
We’re missing a photo of Baroness Benjamin. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 28 June 2010
- Send a message to Baroness Benjamin (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness Benjamin voted on key issues:
- Voted against more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Upcoming Business – Lords: Main Chamber (22 May 2013)
“Extension of the Public Lending Right to e-books and audio books – Baroness Benjamin.”
- Queen’s Speech — Debate (4th Day) (14 May 2013)
“My Lords, I was delighted that the gracious Speech contained several mentions of the intention to focus on the well-being and education of children and young people by putting measures in place to bridge the social mobility gap. I congratulate the coalition Government on their continuing efforts to address this issue. In my speech, I would like to concentrate on how even more can be achieved...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Health: Sickle Cell Disease (25 Mar 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government how they will ensure that those with sickle cell disorder benefit from the planned integration of services due to take place as part of healthcare reforms in April. To ask Her Majesty's Government how Commissioning Boards across the country are intending to provide the necessary specialised services for those suffering from sickle cell disorder.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 22 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 7 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 68.94% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 11 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Benjamin’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 49 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)