This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness Bakewell’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Baroness Bakewell. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 25 January 2011
- Send a message to Baroness Bakewell (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness Bakewell voted on key issues:
- Voted for more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party.
- Upcoming Business – Lords: Main Chamber (3 Jun 2013)
“Decline in the numbers of those opting for part-time university study – Baroness Bakewell.”
- Care Bill [HL]: Second Reading (21 May 2013)
“My Lords, there is no doubt that this is indeed a momentous Bill. It will affect the lives of many who are already old, and the many millions whom medical progress and judicious lifestyles will bring to a multiplicity of years. It attempts to deal with what is not simply an immediate domestic crisis, although of course it is that. It is about a change in human society on a Darwinian scale:...”
- Asylum Seekers — Question (20 May 2013)
“The noble Earl will know that when women seek asylum following often violent sexual abuse in their country of origin, they are most likely to have their application accepted on appeal, so while they hang around without any income, many of them become destitute. How does he propose resolving that problem?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 15 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 63.48% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 3 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Bakewell’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 23 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)