This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness Anelay of St Johns’s activity (no more than once per day)
Baroness Anelay of St Johns
- Lords Chief Whip, House of Lords (since 13 May 2010) (note about dates)
- Became a Lord in 1996
- Send a message to Baroness Anelay of St Johns (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness Anelay of St Johns voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Queen’s Speech — Debate (5th Day) (15 May 2013)
“My Lords, we have a long speakers list today. I should be grateful if colleagues who are not staying for the debate will leave the Chamber quietly so that my noble friend the Minister may begin the opening speech shortly.”
- EU: Domestic Growth — Motion to Take Note (25 Apr 2013)
“My Lords, I beg to move that the House do now adjourn during pleasure until 3.15 pm, when the Royal Commissioners shall attend the House and prorogue Parliament. Motion agreed.”
- Arrangement of Business — Announcement (25 Apr 2013)
“My Lords, yesterday evening I announced that Parliament will be prorogued some time this afternoon. I hope it might help the House if I now give a small indication of our progress today. We will shortly turn to our annual Maastricht Motion debate. This debate does not have a list of speakers. Therefore it is rather difficult to estimate the length of time the debate may take. If it concludes...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 55 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 69.24% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 8 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Anelay of St Johns’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1024 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)