This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness Amos’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Baroness Amos. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1997
- Send a message to Baroness Amos (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness Amos voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately for the hunting ban. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Zimbabwe — Question (11 Jun 2009)
- International Development — Question (11 Jun 2009)
“My Lords, further to the Minister's reply to the noble Lord, Lord Hannay of Chiswick, will he clarify whether we continue to have an Africa conflict prevention pool to work in a co-ordinated way on conflict prevention issues on the African continent, and whether that budget has been cut?”
- Children and Families — Debate (14 May 2009)
“My Lords, I thank my noble friend Lady Massey for opening today's debate on an issue that is not only of current importance to our society but crucial to the future well-being of our nation. I shall focus on the interconnectedness between educational achievement, family and community support, and the importance of aspiration and self-belief in our young people. When the Prime Minister...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 55.20% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 24 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Amos’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 822 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)