This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Stirrup’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Stirrup. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 1 February 2011
- Send a message to Lord Stirrup (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Stirrup voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Defence Reform Bill — Second Reading (10 Dec 2013)
“My Lords, as other noble Lords have remarked, the uncertainty surrounding the Government’s intentions for defence acquisition and support have made it rather difficult to prepare for this debate. The first part of the Bill is designed to pave the way for a government-owned, contractor-operated solution and, as we have heard, that is no longer in prospect, at least in the short term....”
- Afghanistan: Interpreters — Question (10 Dec 2013)
“My Lords, the media today are reporting the case of an Afghan interpreter who worked for the UK being given asylum by Germany, having been refused it by the United Kingdom. Is this really the sort of comparison that we wish to draw to ourselves in the international community, and how does that square with the Minister’s assertion that our policies are broadly the same as those of our...”
- Defence: Procurement — Question (21 Nov 2013)
“My Lords, it has been suggested that the consortium that withdrew did so because it did not trust the MoD’s numbers and there was far too great a risk of it being held to account on meeting targets based on erroneous assumptions. Could the Minister comment on that criticism and its accuracy?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 38.85% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 3 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Stirrup’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 16 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)