How Lord Black of Brentwood voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately against more EU integration Source
Voted very strongly for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Source
Voted very strongly for university tuition fees Source
Voted very strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Has never voted on a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted very strongly for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Get email notifications when Lord Black of Brentwood speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Lord Black of Brentwood hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
My Lords, I draw attention to my media interests in the register and in particular to my presidency of the European Newspaper Publishers Association. In its admirable report the committee was absolutely right to draw attention to the European aspects of this debate. At the moment the European Commission has a limited and strictly defined role in UK media plurality policy through the EC merger...
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what funding they are making available to organisations marking the 800th anniversary of the Magna Carta; and how those funds will be used.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what has been the number of recorded homophobic crimes in each of the last five years in England and Wales.
More of Lord Black of Brentwood's recent appearances
Became a Lord on 13 July 2010
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 8 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 22 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 80.67% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 15 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Black of Brentwood’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 54 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from