Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament
How Lord James of Blackheath voted on key issues
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum systemDetails
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate changeDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schoolsDetails
- Voted very strongly against more EU integrationDetails
- Voted against equal gay rightsDetails
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquestsDetails
More on their full record
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what plans they have to require all banks which have refunded payment protection insurance (PPI) monies to customers to send each such customer a statement, without charge, setting out how much money has been refunded under each of the three separate elements comprising a PPI payout.
I thank the noble Lord for that Answer, but will he take it into account that the banks got off on the wrong foot with the repayment programme by refusing to write a letter to everybody telling them that they owed them some money? It was left to customers to initiate their own claim and there is no certainty that many have not slipped through the net. The noble Lord’s Answer does not...
More of Lord James of Blackheath's recent appearances
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 57.27% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 93 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord James of Blackheath’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 96 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)