This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Baroness Ford’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Baroness Ford. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 10 July 2006
- Positions held at time of appointment: Chairman, English Partnerships. (from Number 10 press release)
- Send a message to Baroness Ford (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Baroness Ford voted on key issues:
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Voted for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- National Infrastructure Plan — Statement (4 Dec 2013)
“My Lords, the Statement hints at changes to judicial review. As the Minister well knows, delivering infrastructure requires not just a plan —which we are pleased to hear about even though we, as a Government, plainly had a plan, whether he recognises that or not—but access to requisite finance and, critically, planning consent. The Government in their supposed wisdom decided not...”
- National Planning Policy Statement — Question (5 Dec 2012)
“To avoid building on greenfield land, do the Government now regret their initial decisions to abandon the sequential test for brownfield land and all the targets for building on brownfield land that were rejected in 2010?”
- Banking: National Savings & Investments — Question (5 Dec 2012)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government whether there are any plans to extend or improve the range of retail savings products offered by National Savings & Investments.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 48.70% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 19 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Ford’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 33 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)