This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Taylor of Holbeach’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Taylor of Holbeach
We’re missing a photo of Lord Taylor of Holbeach. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 5 June 2006
- Positions held at time of appointment: Director of Taylor's Bulbs of Spalding. (from Number 10 press release)
- Send a message to Lord Taylor of Holbeach (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Taylor of Holbeach voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly against more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Upcoming Business – Lords: Main Chamber (12 Dec 2013)
“Terrorism Act 2000 (Proscribed Organisations) (Amendment) (No. 2) Order 2013 – Lord Taylor of Holbeach.”
- Upcoming Business – Lords: Main Chamber (11 Dec 2013)
“Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Bill - Committee of the whole House (Day 7) – Lord Taylor of Holbeach.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Asylum Seekers (6 Dec 2013)
“For the five year period 2008 — 2012, there were 7,445 asylum applications recorded from Sri Lankan nationals (not including dependants) of which 845 were made at a port of entry and 6,600 were made in-country. A further 1388 asylum applications from Sri Lankan nationals have been recorded between January — September 2013; 160 at a port of entry and 1,228 in-country. In terms of...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 70 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Has voted in 75.44% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 43 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Taylor of Holbeach’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 763 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)