How Lord Taylor of Holbeach voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately against more EU integration Source
Voted very strongly for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Source
Has never voted on a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted very strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Voted very strongly for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Voted very strongly for university tuition fees Source
Get email notifications when Lord Taylor of Holbeach votes in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Lord Taylor of Holbeach occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
Serious Crime Bill [HL] - Report stage – Lord Taylor of Holbeach.
The Government has no immediate plans to introduce personal advocates for child asylum seekers across the UK. All unaccompanied children entering local authority care are entitled to the same level of support and protection, regardless of their immigration status, nationality or documentation. This includes a social worker responsible for planning the care of the child, and an independent...
Failed asylum seekers whose appeal rights have been exhausted are not allowed to work because they do not need our protection, have no right to remain in the United Kingdom and are required to leave. Our policy must maintain the distinction between those who need our protection and those seeking to work here. Allowing refused asylum seekers to work, even where removal is difficult, would send...
More of Lord Taylor of Holbeach's recent appearances
Became a Lord on 5 June 2006
Other offices held in the past
- - Shadow Minister (Also Shadow Minister for Work and Pensions), Shadow Minister (27 Jul 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Work & Pensions (19 Jan 2009 to 24 Jul 2009)
- Shadow Minister, Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (9 Jul 2007 to 27 Jul 2009)
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food & Rural Affairs), Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (11 Jan 2007 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Deputy Chief Whip, Whips (11 Jan 2007 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Minister, Wales (11 Jan 2007 to 6 Jul 2007)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 101 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Has voted in 76.88% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 46 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Taylor of Holbeach’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1036 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from