A selection of Lord Campbell of Alloway's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
Has never voted on university tuition fees
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Campbell of Alloway’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Campbell of Alloway’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, this is a sad affair. Would the Government possibly have another look at it?
Is it not the wish of the Government now to consult with America and China on how to deal with this situation? We cannot deal with it single-handed.
More of Lord Campbell of Alloway’s recent appearances
Former Conservative Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1981
Left the House of Lords on 30 June 2013 — Died
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (14 Nov 2007 to 24 Mar 2011)
- Member, Draft Legal Services Bill (Joint Committee) (23 May 2006 to 25 Jul 2006)
- Member, Draft Constitutional Renewal Bill (Joint Committee) (5 May 2006 to 22 Jul 2008)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (3 Jul 2001 to 30 Nov 2006)
- Member, Hybrid Instruments Committee (Lords) (14 Dec 2000 to 30 Jun 2013)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (25 Mar 1998 to 7 May 2005)
- Member, Personal Bills Committee (2 Dec 1986 to 22 Oct 1991)
- Member, Privileges and Conduct, Committee for (Lords) (21 Nov 1984 to 11 Nov 1999)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (24 Nov 1981 to 30 Jun 2013)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 5 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords. See all Lord Campbell of Alloway’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 42.64% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 3 people are tracking this peer
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 347 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from