A selection of Lord Carlile of Berriew's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
Has never voted on university tuition fees
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Carlile of Berriew’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Carlile of Berriew’s full vote analysis page for more.
Does the Minister agree that it is a disappointment that the same group which killed over 100 people in Paris on 13 November was able to kill more than 30 people in Brussels yesterday? If that is right, does he agree that the welcome co-operation that has taken place between the intelligence agencies of the Five Eyes and the European countries other than the United Kingdom should be...
The noble Lord is telling us that the Labour Party agrees in principle with the feelings behind the amendment of the noble Lord, Lord Alton. Is it not a bit supine for the Labour Party to say that but not put forward an improved amendment of its own if it really seeks to say what we have just heard with full integrity?
More of Lord Carlile of Berriew’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1999
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Delegated Powers and Regulatory Reform Committee (9 Jun 2010 to 1 May 2012)
- Spokesperson for Health (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Mental Health and Disability), Health (27 Jul 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Member, Committee on the Assisted Dying for the terminally ill Bill (30 Nov 2004 to 7 Apr 2005)
- Chair, Draft Mental Health Bill (Joint Committee) (15 Sep 2004 to 11 Jul 2005)
- Member, Draft Mental Health Bill (Joint Committee) (22 Jul 2004 to 15 Sep 2004)
- Shadow Minister, Welsh Affairs (26 Jan 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (27 Apr 1992 to 21 Mar 1997)
- Member, Parliamentary Commissioner for Administration (16 Jun 1986 to 15 May 1987)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (9 Jun 1983 to 21 Nov 1986)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (9 Jun 1983 to 21 Nov 1986)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from