This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Soulsby of Swaffham Prior’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Soulsby of Swaffham Prior
We’re missing a photo of Lord Soulsby of Swaffham Prior. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1990
- Send a message to Lord Soulsby of Swaffham Prior (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Soulsby of Swaffham Prior voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly against more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Bovine Tuberculosis — Question (26 Nov 2013)
“My Lords, artificial insemination has been a practice in this country in dairy cattle for more than 30 years, and I wonder where this suggestion has come from. There is very little evidence—no evidence whatever to my mind—that AI can result in the transmission of TB to cattle. I hope that the Minister will scotch that idea, because we have an amazing health record in this country...”
- Badgers — Question (18 Jun 2013)
“My Lords, following what is now known as the Krebs trial, it is quite clear that alternate approaches are now necessary. What are some of these alternate approaches to controlling tuberculosis in wildlife and domestic livestock? This country is well known for its ability to sedate wildlife, take samples and all the rest of it. An approach based on the sedation of badgers, for example, would...”
- Health: Tuberculosis — Question (24 Apr 2013)
“My Lords, if one puts together the high level of drug resistance in the Far East and the high level of migration from the Far East to this county, there is no reason why drug-resistance to tuberculosis should not be more evident than it is at present. If one compares the rate of drug-resistant tuberculosis in the United Kingdom with that of other countries in the European Union, it is fairly...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 27.44% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 9 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Soulsby of Swaffham Prior’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 75 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)