A selection of Lord Bassam of Brighton's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Bassam of Brighton’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Bassam of Brighton’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government how many civil servants are supporting Lord Strathclyde in the preparation of his report on the powers of the House of Lords; and which political advisers are also providing support to that review.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they will publish any background advice and research provided to Lord Strathclyde’s review of the powers of the House of Lords.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they will publish the full list of advisers assisting Lord Strathclyde’s review of the powers of the House of Lords.
More of Lord Bassam of Brighton’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1997
Currently held offices
- Member, Administration and Works Committee (L) (since 8 Jun 2015)
- Member, Sub-Committee on Leave of Absence (since 28 Jun 2011)
- Member, Privileges and Conduct, Committee for (L) (since 2 Jun 2010)
- Shadow Chief Whip (Lords) (since 12 May 2010)
- Member, Selection, Committee of (L) (since 7 Oct 2008)
- Member, Procedure Committee (L) (since 7 Oct 2008)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Accommodation Steering Group Committee (16 Dec 2008 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, Administration and Works Committee (L) (16 Dec 2008 to 1 May 2012)
- Chief Whip (House of Lords), HM Household (6 Oct 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Captain of the Honourable Corps of Gentlemen-at-Arms (HM Household) (5 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Government Whip (technically a Lord in Waiting, HM Household) (12 Jun 2001 to 6 Oct 2008)
- Lords in Waiting (HM Household) (7 Jun 2001 to 5 Oct 2008)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Home Office (28 Jul 1999 to 29 May 2002)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from