A selection of Lord Haskel's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on university tuition fees
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Haskel’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Haskel’s full vote analysis page for more.
New minimum wage and impact on British business – Lord Haskel.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what assessment they have made of the operating costs of the proposed National College for High Speed Rail; and how those costs will be met.
My Lords, in the three minutes left for this debate, I thank all noble Lords and members of the Front Benches for their words, their work, their wisdom and their contributions. I thank the Minister in particular for his response and for telling us about the work that he is doing; we should learn more about that. There has been a diversity of opinion about the role of the state. The answer is...
More of Lord Haskel’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1993
Currently held offices
- Member, Secondary Legislation Scrutiny Committee (L) (formerly Merits Committee) (since 8 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Built Environment Committee (L) (11 Jun 2015 to 23 Jun 2015)
- Member, Digital Skills Committee (12 Jun 2014 to 4 Feb 2015)
- Member, Small and Medium Sized Enterprises Committee (29 May 2012 to 28 Feb 2013)
- Member, EU Sub Committee B - Internal Market, Infrastructure and Employment (17 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B - Internal Market, Energy and Transport (22 Jun 2010 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, Information Committee (L) (25 Nov 2009 to 14 May 2014)
- Member, Delegated Powers and Regulatory Reform Committee (L) (25 Nov 2009 to 14 May 2014)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (21 Nov 2006 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (L) (21 Nov 2006 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B - Internal Market (8 Dec 2003 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Information Committee (L) (4 Dec 2003 to 30 Nov 2007)
- Member, Tax Law Rewrite Bills (Joint Committee) (9 Dec 2002 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Procedure Committee (L) (26 Jun 2001 to 18 Nov 2004)
- Member, Financial Services and Markets (Joint Committee) (2 Mar 1999 to 11 Nov 1999)
- Member, Select Committee on Science and Technology Sub-Committee 2 (24 Nov 1998 to 11 May 2001)
- Government Whip (technically a Lord in Waiting, HM Household) (7 May 1997 to 28 Jul 1998)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (21 Nov 1995 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, Select Committee on Science and Technology Sub-Committee 2 (22 Nov 1994 to 17 Oct 1996)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (L) (22 Nov 1994 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (18 Apr 1994 to 8 Apr 1997)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 64.28% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 5 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Haskel’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 274 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from