A selection of Lord Haskel's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
Has never voted on university tuition fees
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Haskel’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Haskel’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I say to the noble Lord, Lord Wakeham, that I have an American wife. My noble friend Lord McFall spoke of a plethora of Chancellor’s Statements. He is absolutely right. In July, we were told to expect severe cuts in public spending; three months later, a small improvement in tax income is forecast, and this during an October which official figures show to be the worst for...
My Lords, the Statement promised a lot on infrastructure; so did the Budget two years ago, when a £40 billion fund was established to guarantee it. But since then only about 10% of this fund has been used—largely, I suspect, because employment in the construction industry has gone down by perhaps 120,000 people. So what confidence can we have that the infrastructure promise in this...
My Lords, my noble friend is concerned about what is happening as the Government withdraw from investing in our essential services and infrastructure, leaving foreign investors and foreign Governments to take their place. What happens when our financial system leaves foreign investors free to acquire our companies? He is concerned about the effect on the balance of trade, on our exchange...
More of Lord Haskel’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1993
Currently held offices
- Member, Secondary Legislation Scrutiny Committee (formerly Merits Committee) (since 8 Jun 2015)
- Deputy Speaker (Lords) (since 29 Nov 2010)
- Deputy Chairman of Committees (since 2 Jun 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Built Environment Committee (11 Jun 2015 to 23 Jun 2015)
- Member, Digital Skills Committee (12 Jun 2014 to 4 Feb 2015)
- Member, Small and Medium Sized Enterprises Committee (29 May 2012 to 28 Feb 2013)
- Member, EU Sub Committee B - Internal Market, Infrastructure and Employment (17 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B - Internal Market, Energy and Transport (22 Jun 2010 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, Delegated Powers and Regulatory Reform Committee (25 Nov 2009 to 14 May 2014)
- Member, Information Committee (Lords) (25 Nov 2009 to 14 May 2014)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (21 Nov 2006 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Lords) (21 Nov 2006 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B - Internal Market (8 Dec 2003 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Information Committee (Lords) (4 Dec 2003 to 30 Nov 2007)
- Member, Tax Law Rewrite Bills (Joint Committee) (9 Dec 2002 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (26 Jun 2001 to 18 Nov 2004)
- Member, Financial Services and Markets (Joint Committee) (2 Mar 1999 to 11 Nov 1999)
- Member, Select Committee on Science and Technology Sub-Committee 2 (24 Nov 1998 to 11 May 2001)
- Government Whip (technically a Lord in Waiting, HM Household) (7 May 1997 to 28 Jul 1998)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (21 Nov 1995 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Lords) (22 Nov 1994 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Select Committee on Science and Technology Sub-Committee 2 (22 Nov 1994 to 17 Oct 1996)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (18 Apr 1994 to 8 Apr 1997)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 19 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 63.88% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 5 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Haskel’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 279 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from