A selection of Lord Hattersley's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
Generally voted against university tuition fees Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Hattersley’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Hattersley’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, in another place the Prime Minister was less than precise about how a regulatory authority that was not statutorily backed would be constituted. Does the Leader of the House agree that were the regulatory authority to be financed and nominated by the press itself, it would no longer be independent?
My Lords, did I understand my noble friend to say that there is not time to deal with the central point, which has been raised by nine noble Lords during the debate, about the creation of a hierarchy of schools? It has been the major issue of contention during the debate. Surely she does not mean that she will not deal with it at all.
My Lords, when my noble friend Lord Peston set out the advantages and disadvantages of speaking at different times of the day, he did not say that speaking very late in the day enables one to cannibalise other people's good points and, perhaps more importantly, to avoid their errors. I shall not say under which heading it comes, but I do not propose to say how enthusiastic I am for improving...
More of Lord Hattersley’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1997
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State (11 Jul 1987 to 1 Jul 1992)
- Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer (10 Nov 1983 to 11 Jul 1987)
- Deputy Leader of the Labour Party (2 Oct 1983 to 18 Jul 1992)
- Shadow Secretary of State (10 Dec 1980 to 10 Nov 1983)
- Shadow Secretary of State (3 May 1979 to 1 Dec 1980)
- Secretary of State for Prices and Consumer Protection (10 Sep 1976 to 5 May 1979)
- Minister of State (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (1 Jan 1974 to 1 Jan 1976)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) (1 Jan 1972 to 1 Jan 1974)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) (1 Jan 1972 to 1 Jan 1972)
- Minister of State (Ministry of Defence) (Defence Administration) (15 Jul 1969 to 19 Jun 1970)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Employment and Productivity) (6 Apr 1968 to 15 Jul 1969)
- Parliamentary Secretary (Ministry of Labour) (1 Mar 1967 to 1 Mar 1968)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 5.70% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 4 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Hattersley’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 3 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from