A selection of Earl Ferrers's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
Has never voted on university tuition fees
We have lots more plain English analysis of Earl Ferrers’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Earl Ferrers’s full vote analysis page for more.
The noble Baroness is making a very interesting speech, but she will talk in acronyms. She talks about HBs, DCLGs and so on, and some of the more modest of us are not quite certain what she is talking about.
Perhaps I may interrupt my noble friend for a moment as one who intended to make a speech but was unable to do so because the noble Baroness got up too quickly. Does my noble friend agree that it is in fact impossible to have equality between people? You can have equalities of opportunity for people to use, but you cannot possibly say that two people are equal.
With the greatest respect, the noble Lord is doing more than making an intervention; he is making another speech.
More of Earl Ferrers’s recent appearances
Former Conservative Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1954
Left the House of Lords on 13 November 2012 — Died
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Sub-Committee on Lords' Conduct (31 Mar 2006 to 26 Nov 2008)
- Member, Declaration and Registration of Interests Committee (23 Jul 1997 to 19 Nov 1998)
- Member, Sub-Committee on Lords' Conduct (23 Jul 1997 to 18 Nov 2004)
- Member, Library and Computers Sub Committee (5 Dec 1984 to 15 Nov 1988)
- Member, Finance and Staff Sub Committee (5 Dec 1984 to 15 Nov 1988)
- Member, Adminstration Sub Committee (5 Dec 1984 to 15 Nov 1988)
- Member, Procedure Committee (L) (11 Dec 1979 to 30 Nov 2000)
- Member, Selection, Committee of (L) (11 Dec 1979 to 13 Nov 1980)
- Member, House of Lords Offices Committee (11 Dec 1979 to 8 Apr 1997)
- Member, Privileges and Conduct, Committee for (L) (14 Dec 1976 to 8 Nov 1995)
- Member, House of Lords Offices Committee (7 Dec 1976 to 5 Apr 1979)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 34.72% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 4 people are tracking this peer
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 192 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from