How Lord Alliance voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Has never voted on a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted a mixture of for and against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Source
Voted very strongly for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Source
Voted very strongly for university tuition fees Source
Get email notifications when Lord Alliance speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Lord Alliance sometimes rebelled against their party in this parliament
My Lords, I declare an interest as the chairman and main shareholder of a company that is the second largest customer of the Royal Mail. I greatly appreciate the relationship my company has had with the Royal Mail over the past 100 years, although I have not been in charge for all that time. I very much wish this relationship to continue, as the Royal Mail has done a very good job but, in...
My Lords, my first remarks in the Chamber are ones of immense gratitude to the people of this country and to its system of democracy. More than 50 years ago, I arrived in Manchester—the home of textiles—as a teenage Jewish immigrant with very little English and only a few pounds in my pocket—the princely sum of £14 to be precise. The generous, warm-hearted Lancashire...
More of Lord Alliance's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Became a Lord on 13 September 2004
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 9.07% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 10 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Alliance’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from